Summer holidays in Andalucía (II) – Tarifa & around
We drove from Sevilla and arrived to Zahara de los Atunes at sunset. This village (and nearby Barbate) are famous for their atún (tuna) de almadraba. During our stay in Tarifa, we also explored the gorgeous village of Vejer de la Frontera and several beaches such as Bolonia (and its famous dune), Valdevaqueros (known among windsurfers), Cabo de Trafalgar (site of the famous naval battle) and El Cañuelo (only reachable by foot).
One of our highlights was a flamenco show in Tarifa. When in Bolonia, you could also visit the Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia.
Once our stay in Tarifa was over, we went back to Madrid and stopped in Málaga for lunch.
Mesón de Sancho , a few kms away from Tarifa.
Restaurants and bars:
- Taberna La Morena (Plaza de la Paz, 2, Tarifa)
- El jardín del Califa (Plaza de España, 16, Vejer de la Frontera): delicious and beautifully decorated Moroccan restaurant.
- Almedina Cafe Bar (Calle Almedina, 3, Tarifa): flamenco shows on Thursday nights.
- El Lola (Calle Guzmán el Bueno, 5, Tarifa): tapas bar
- El Burgato (Calle Guzmán el Bueno, 10, Tarifa): tapas bar
- Mambo Tarifa (Calle San Francisco, 8, Tarifa): nightclub
- Chiringuito El Cachalote (Paseo Marítimo Pablo Ruiz Picasso, Málaga): try their delicious sardines’ espetos!