I was in NYC last weekend because my cousin came to visit NYC and we met there. We really enjoyed exploring the city together!
On Friday morning, we took the ferry to Staten Island. When we came back to Manhattan we walked around Prince St, Soho, Noho, Union Sq until we reached Madison Sq Park. After lunch at Eataly, we went to Grand Central Terminal, UN headquarters, St Patrick and Central Park. In the evening, we went to see Cats’ musical with a friend and her Dad, we loved it! We had dinner at Carmine’s.
On Saturday, we walked through the West Village, Washington Sq Park, East Village, Chinatown and Little Italy. We ate a delicious lunch at Lombardi’s and headed to the Upper East side, Central Park (including the Belvedere Castle and Strawberry Fields). We passed by the Empire State and the Chrysler buildings and wet to the East Village for dinner. We finished the day with a cocktail at The Back Room speakeasy.
We finished the weekend in NYC by going to a gospel mass in Harlem on Sunday morning.
Restaurants and bars:
- Ivan Ramen (25 Clinton St, New York): creative homemade noodle soups & izakaya-style small plates served in a colorful space with a patio. We tried their Tokyo shio ramen, the vegetarian ramen and the sake cocktail tea.
- Eataly (200 5th Ave, New York): branch of the famed Italian market, offering counters, restaurants & cooking demos.
- Carmine’s (200 W 44th St, New York): Bustling restaurant with enormous portions of traditional Italian dishes served family style. I tried their linguine al ragú & chicken scaloppin with lemon and butter.
- Lombardi’s (32 Spring St, New York): landmark NoLita restaurant serving coal-fired, thin-crust Neapolitan pizza since 1905. We ate their cake boss pizza with prosciutto.
- Fat Buddha (212 Avenue A, New York): late-night Asian-fusion eats & cocktails make for a party atmosphere at this bar/restaurant. We had their dolsot and bulgogi bibimbap.
- The Back Room (102 Norfolk St, New York): hideaway with a Prohibition-esque vibe, offering cocktails in teacups and beer in paper bags.Accommodation: Club Quarters Hotel Wall St (52 William St, New York).